31 Oct Rosemary Pork Roast
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place roast in a large resealable plastic bag or glass container. Combine onions, 1/4 cup broth, vinegar, oil, garlic, rosemary and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Remove roast and place with fat side up in an ungreased shallow roasting pan.
- Combine marinade with remaining broth; pour over roast. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F-170 degrees F. Remove roast to a warm serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast.
Yield: 8 servings