31 Oct Toffee Crunch Ice Cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (1.4 ounce) bars Heath candy bars, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Whisk in chocolate, then add cream, coffee and vanilla. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Fold in candy and nuts. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.